How To Handle: This Summer HEAT!














Dress: Free People. Shoes: Tory Burch similar. Purse: Rebecca Minkoff. Necklace: Old. 
Earrings: Kendra Scott. Bracelet: Kendra Scott
*did you know, you can click on the italics above for a direct link?!

You can catch me 9 / 10 times in either nike shorts or a dress during the summer! I've got to have something airy or flowy! This dress, is perfect! Lots of room for a breeze! Perfect for your beach trip coming up!!

What's a girl to do when its 100 degrees outside & the humidity instantly kills your hair?! 
Honestly, there's not much you can do, but here are some of my survival tips?

-Drink lots & lots of water! 
I use to hate water. I mean, I would be doing good to get a bottle of water in. Now, I'm doing about 30-40 oz a day (I know, still not that great) but on other days I'll be getting 80-100 oz in! What's my secret?! A sonic cup. Yes. You read that right! You will drink so much more out of that sonic cup than any other cup, I promise. Another trick I use is getting those flavored water enhancers, they make drinking water so much better! My absolute FAV is the Kroger brand. 

-Use a face/makeup primer!
Using a primer makes the world's difference in how your makeup goes on & stays on! If you aren't using a primer, you need to! Even using a primer enhances your drugstore foundation, so invest! When using a primer, if you sweat (which in Texas, we sweat when getting out of the car to our door) your sweat will run on top of your makeup, in stead of (this is without a primer) running into your pores & clogging them with your makeup + sweat! Doesn't that sound gross?! 
My fav primer is the Younique Glorious Face + Eye Primer. One tube will last you about a year because a little goes a long ways; I use a dime size every morning! 
{Temporarily on back order, but that shows you how well it works/how in demand!!}

-Use a moisturizer with an SPF!
You don't realize how much damage you can do to your skin on a daily basis getting in & out of your car, running errands, but all of that exposure to the sun is harming your skin! Make it part of your daily routine to use a moisturizer with a built in SPF so you know you are always protecting your face! I use on every morning by Mary Kay. 

-Treat your hair!
When you go layout in the sun you make sure to protect your skin, but are you making sure you protect your hair? My hair is dry anyways, so I need to make sure I'm protecting it from my curling iron & from the sun! Each time I wash my hair I use these products:
Leave-in Conditioner: It's a 10
Argan Oil: Agadir
Heat Protectant: Dry Bar 

-Lightweight bra!
I don't know about you but I hate, hate, hate wearing a bra, especially during the summer heat. Sweating & getting sticky. No. No.No! 
Here are some of my fav bras to wear that don't cause me any problems:

Hope you all are surviving the summer heat & this week!!!
Let me know if you have any tips on surviving this horrid heat!



Baylor Girl In Pearls

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments :

  1. I love that dress! I'm all about flowy pieces for summer, too! All of these tips are so great!

    xoxo,
    Evin Elizabeth
    www.magnoliasandsunlight.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this dress! It is perfect for this heat wave we are having!
    xoxo
    Sarah
    www.thehouseofsequins.com

    ReplyDelete